Sunday, March 30, 2008

29 March 2008

So this weekend was probably one of the highlights of the semester. Kristi and I went with my roommates to the Holi Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork. Thousands of people flocked there.

People came from all over the State of Utah. I didn't quite understand everything that went into the ceremony, but basically they started by burning an effigy of some demoness.

Then everyone throws colored powder everywhere. It's pretty hard to breathe.

Cough cough...


Poor Kristi got a shot of powder right to the face and she couldn't really see most of the time.


Crazy Huh?


My Friend Will in total awe...


I must be pretty lucky to have a girl like Kristi actually want to be with me...man, I'm really weird.

Me, David, Will, Luis...Hare Krishna! Hare Rama!


Me and Kristi with the guys in front of the Hare Krishna Temple. We had to park a mile and a half away. Kristi and I got to have a special walk back to the car. Afterwards we went to the India Palace Restaurant and had some curry. It was a great night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is amazing. What a fun activity to participate in.